MSMQ - Cannot find a formatter capable of reading this message
silky
2008-03-01 21:58:14 UTC
Hi guys,

I've just received this error message in my app, after using MSMQ's
for quite some time in it. The error happened when moving the system
live [kind of].

The exact stack-trace:
System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot find a formatter capable of
reading this message.
at System.Messaging.Message.get_Body()
at [place where I call .Receive()]

So the point is; this works on my dev machine, and has previously
worked on the live machine, but only just started going wrong. I'm
thinking maybe it's a service pack, or perhaps the name of my queue?
At first I had a name in the form of "aaa_bbb - mmm" but I thought
perhaps it didn't like that (even though it created them fine). Now
they are simple of the form "aaa_bbb_mmm".

Anyway; just wondering if someone can shed some light. Searching
hasn't lead me anywhere yet.

--
http://lets.coozi.com.au/

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

silky
2008-03-01 22:28:04 UTC
Sorry, but it looks like this was my fault. Of course, there was no
formatter applied to the queue.

I missed a part where I was creating a new queue. When I did that, I
forgot to put the formatter on it.
Post by silky
[...]
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?